The UNESCO label - comparable to a Michelin star for restaurants - opens doors; to international attention and scientific research, to regional profiling and to a new dimension in the tourist and recreational offer in the area. Every reason to join forces. All partners work together towards the same goal; the story of the area in which we live and/or operate. Each in their own place from their own angle. We challenge you to actively contribute to the status of Geopark for our delta area.
Geopark Schelde Delta is always looking for new partners. These can be found in for example companies, museums, recreational attractions, and educational institutions. No financial contribution is requested, only active participation and profiling of the label. Making impact together is what it is all about. Together telling the story of the Scheldt Delta in all its facets.
Geopark Schelde Delta has established the following quality criteria for its partners:
- The partner is committed to having the Scheldt Delta area recognized as a UNESCO Global Geopark because of its special geological, landscape, ecological, and cultural-historical qualities.
- The partner participates in the Partner Council, the meeting where knowledge and experiences are shared across borders and the network of the Geopark is built.
- When organizing activities such as lectures, seminars, excursions and events, the partner uses the Geopark Schelde Delta logo, network and available knowledge.
- The partner cooperates with other partners to make the story of the history of the Geopark area more visible and understandable for residents and visitors.
- The partner recognizes the special geo(morpho)logical values of the area and shares the available (scientific) knowledge and information about them. In addition, the partner does not trade in geological heritage.
Want to become a partner?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org