The name of this historic farmstead was first mentioned in 1170 and refers to the forest of the people of Papo. Until the end of the 15th century, it was a typical reiligious settlement with priests, nuns and member brethren. There was also a cemetery for noblemen. Papinglo was described as a proosdij belonging to St. Bavo's Abbey. Today it is a hotel-restaurant.
More information can be found here.